Saturday, November 20, 2010

Hmmm, that's a mystery.

As a follow up to my last post regarding the Stormraven, I found this picture online.  I wouldn't stoop as low as to accuse GW of stealing an idea, but the similarities are striking.  I'm still trying to figure out what I really think about the "real" Stromraven.  Sometimes I look at it and think "That's not too bad.".  And then after about 60 seconds I think "WTF!".  Either way, I have decided to reserve final judgement until I can see one in person.

4 comments:

  1. The GW model was likely designed one or two or more years ago.

    Also, the model in the first picture you posted is very well done! I like it more than the actual one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it was designed that long ago, that's a shame. They should have taken longer and done a better job. And I think the scratch built one is better too. In fact, most of the scratch built Stormravens I've seen have been better than the GW version.

    ReplyDelete
  3. there are some online pictures of the bare plastic stormraven and it looks a lot better than the painted one. also the scratch built stormraven is better i am currently working on one very similar

    ReplyDelete
  4. do you reckon there are clamps or something on the real one so you can put a dread in it?

    ReplyDelete